Services for Academies
All schools which have converted to Academies will be governed by an Academy Trust constituted as a limited company (limited by guarantee) and a charity, and will be required to comply with company and charity law.
We are able to provide the necessary services and advice to aid all academies, whether you have just applied, or have already been granted Academy status.
The conversion process is very detailed, and can be very intense in regards to the increased level of administration and responsibility. We are here to work with you throughout the process and can offer the following services:
- Preparation of Academy year end accounts in the format required by the Charities Act and the Companies Act 2006
- Audit of the accounts
- Corporation Tax
- Training and guidance to governors in regards to their roles and responsibilities as directors
- Submission of the accounts to EFA, Charity Commission, and Companies House
- Completion of the Teachers Pension Scheme and TR17a returns
- Details regarding the Charity Commission regulations and compliance
- Risk management, internal controls, accounting policies, induction and training in regards to board policies
Internal Audit Role
We have firsthand experience and knowledge of fulfilling the above role and would welcome the opportunity to work with you. This role will involve looking at the internal controls in place, reviewing the computer systems, ensuring all personnel files are up to date and complete, and reviewing the accountancy function by way of checking reconciliations and following the audit trail. This will then be communicated through the internal auditor's report.
If you would like to discuss any matters relating to Academies further please do not hesitate to contactJulie Gladman.